E-RYT, RCYT, M.ED., YOGA TEACHER, LEAD TRAINER
My desire to validate and nurture the innate goodness, unique potential and emotional intelligence of a child, no matter what, sparked the creation of Grounded Kids Yoga and fuels my dedication to teaching, supporting and empowering Grounded Teachers during training and beyond. I value clarity, creativity, collaboration and continual evolution. Here are some specific and quirky details for a glimpse into who I am.
- In first grade I decided to become a teacher because I loved my teacher’s clothes, the artistry involved in putting up bulletin boards and how I felt when she said she saw sparkles in my eyes.
- The first poem I ever wrote was about a rock and was inspired by my fervent disagreement with the saying about sticks and stones breaking bones but words never hurting.
- I learned the lesson about bigger and more expensive not being better when, at 8 years old, I spent my “responsibility chart” earnings on a Yorkie and my sister picked a horse.
- I believe children don’t give parents and teachers a hard time but rather, before, during and after having a hard time, need to be shown how to skillfully navigate life.
- I adored teaching Middle Schoolers and thrived when training college students during their practicum but still chose to leave the classroom to raise my two boys and earn a Masters degree with every intention of returning after a few years.
- After a few years I was head over heels for yoga, certified and working as a trainer, mentor coordinator, program director and curriculum developer for YogaKids. Additionally, my E-RYT training includes Radiant Child, Laughter Yoga and Anusara.
- I’m a Libra born on the 11th, Enneagram 4, INFJ bordering on ENFP, Primary Element Water, who loves outdoor cats, my two grand doggies and both sons equal amounts no matter how many times they ask.
- Eleven is the number of Mastery and that is the energy from which Grounded’s philosophy and methodology for teaching children yoga and training others to do the same was developed and continues to grow.
- My partner in life is an expansively trained, phenomenal yoga teacher who not only keeps me on my toes but also inspired and co-created Pre-Grounded and our training for Special Needs.
- I resonate with the yogic teaching of The 5 Elements more than any other yoga philosophy I’ve ever studied and it has greatly influenced my personal and professional life.
- I feel that we can only truly teach what we have lived – otherwise it’s called instructing.