Based on the principle that you must ground yourself before grounding others, this training is an invitation to create an authentic presence, develop a personal practice, complete engaging groundwork and receive a well-rounded introduction into all aspects of teaching yoga to kids and teens.
You may take this training as a stand-alone course or as the first step toward certification.
This 22-hour training includes the following:
1. Introduction to Grounded Kids methodology
2. Gain proficiency in our 84 kid friendly yoga poses as well as modifications, enhancements, and benefits of yoga for each pose
3. Child development through the lens of the chakra system and how to impart this wisdom to kids and teens so it is useful in everyday life
4. Specialized mini flows and mantras to balance each chakra
5. How to teach alignment to children with skill, clarity and creativity
6. Working with kids and teens using mindfulness, meditation and mudras
7. Breathing techniques appropriate for kids and teens
8. Partner yoga and group poses, including yoga games
9. Guiding principles for Elemental Conduct, our classroom management technique, based on each student’s constitution and prevailing elements
10. Create a well-rounded yoga lesson plan that is engaging and meaningful to youth
11. Group teach a Grounded Kids yoga class
Upon completion, you are eligible for the Yogavator Pass and entry to our private online group as well as a listing on our website as a Grounded Teacher with reference to your bio and teaching schedule.
$549 early bird/$599