Step 2: Pre-Grounded & Special Needs in Syracuse – Central NY
Align your skills with your heart’s desire to teach real yoga in a fun and meaningful way to little ones and those with special needs.
This 22-hour training includes the following:
- The specifics and potential outcomes of teaching yoga to kids ages 3-6
- Lesson planning, storytelling, songs and games
- Mindfulness and Meditation practices for younger children
- Advice regarding the inception and logistics of teaching classes in preschools, gyms and studios
- Practical teaching experience
- Introduction to yoga for children with special needs
- Explore appropriate yoga lesson plans for children with Down Syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD and other special needs
- Skills to assess and effectively respond to the individual child and support their growth through group and personalized yoga classes
- Practical teaching experience with children who have special needs
- An overview of Entrainment and Sound Therapy that may compliment and enhance your work with children
- Ethics and best teaching practices
Schedule: Saturday and Sunday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday 9:00 am – 3:00 pm on location at a school.
$499/$449 early bird until May 15th
Included Grounded Materials:
- Training Manual PDF
- Pre-Grounded Pose on Purpose Workbook
- First hand information from experts and community members in the field of special education
- Personalized Yoga for Children Resource Packet
Bookings are closed for this event.