Module 1: Get Grounded (Atlanta)
Date(s) - Nov 14 - Nov 16
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Roswell Yoga Life
408 S. Atlanta St. Suite 157
This module is based on the principle that you must first ground yourself before you can ground others. This is a groundbreaking invitation to create an authentic presence, complete engaging groundwork, and be your most elevated self with kids of all ages. In this module you will be introduced to the Grounded methodology and gain proficiency in the 84 Grounded Elevator series poses. You will receive a well-rounded introduction into all aspects of teaching yoga to kids and teens (ages 7 and up). This training was formerly called Level 1: Get Grounded and provides 22 contact hours towards becoming a Yoga Alliance certified Children’s Yoga Instructor.
This 22-hour training includes the following:
- Introduction to Grounded methodology
- Gain proficiency in our 84 Grounded series poses as well as modifications and enhancements
- Child development as applied to the practice of yoga (physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual)
- How to teach alignment to children with skill, clarity and creativity.
- Teaching mindfulness, meditation and mudras to ages six- teens
- Breathing techniques appropriate for kids and teens
- Partner and group yoga including games
- Fundamentals of the Chakra System and the Elements
- Guiding principles for conduct management based on each student’s constitution and prevailing elements
- Create a well-rounded yoga lesson plan that is engaging and meaningful to youth
- Group teach a Grounded yoga class
Materials Provided: Grounded Pose Cards, Manual PDF, Course Outline of Wizard of OM
Other Suggested Materials: Pose Stickers, Pose Chips, Small Poster
Schedule: Friday November 14 10a-7p, Saturday November 15 10a-7p, Sunday November 16 10a-4p
Tuition: $499 (or $449 with early-bird discount if registered by October 16th, 2014))
Bookings are closed for this event.