95 hour Grounded Kids Certification intensive – Atlanta, GA
Date(s) - Jun 1 2020 - Jun 13 2020
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Johns Creek Yoga
Get Certified to Teach Kids Yoga in 10 Days!
Monday – Friday June 1-5 and June 8-12
10 am – 6 pm
Here are some highlights!
- Grounded methodology rooted in the 7 chakras and the 5 elements
- 84 Grounded poses including modifications and enhancements
- Physical, mental, emotional, social development through the lens of the chakra system and how to impart this wisdom to kids and teens so it is useful in everyday life
- Lesson planning, theming, class structure, scope and sequencing that engages and inspires various populations
- Specialized mini flows and mantras to balance each chakra and practice creating ones with purpose
- How to teach 11 essential alignments to children with skill, clarity and creativity
- General anatomy and physiology
- Mindfulness, meditation, mudras and breathing techniques appropriate for ages 3 – teens
- Conduct management based on each student’s constitution and prevailing elements
- Common scenarios including potential behavioral challenges and strategies for dealing with them
- The what, why and how of yoga for children with Down Syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD and other special needs
- Skills to assess and effectively respond to the individual child through group and personalized yoga classes
- Practical teaching experience with ages 3-teens and those with special needs
- Literature, art, storytelling, music and games as elevations
- Fine tune observation skills, teach to what you see, and learn effective manual and verbal adjustments
- Personalized feedback to polish your teaching practices to become an effective, dynamic teacher
- How to bring yoga into a school and it’s impact on students, teachers, administration and the community
- Curriculum-based yoga for P.E., Health, and in a classroom with desks
- Trauma Sensitive yoga training for youth
- User friendly info about PTSD and Neurological changes from trauma, chronic pain and recurrent stress
- Introspection and conversations to inspire best practices when teaching yoga to children
- Create your vision based action plan and receive tools to support your business.
For a more comprehensive list of what is included, please see the detailed course descriptions under step 1 – 4 trainings.
Register NOW and receive a free curriculum bundle worth over $200!
Early Bird Price of $1800 ends April 15th / Tuition is $2000
Payment Plan is 3 installments of $685 each (total $2055.) Once you make your first payment, we will contact you to arrange future payments.
Power Pack Feedback from last summer’s intensive:
“Loving, safe and secure learning environment with phenomenal instructors!”
“I felt included, heard and respected throughout. The attention spent on incorporating heart values was awesome.”
“Squeezing 4 actual kids classes into 2 weeks-wow!”
“The information about how to include all populations was useful and inspiring-and not only inclusive but finding ways to benefit and help all groups in a sensitive way that empowers and respects.”
“The lesson plans are really cool and I’m way excited about it.”
“Going through this process I have grown as an individual and as a teacher. The training has been filled with very relevant knowledge, and through group activities and discussions, I have become very connected with the other teachers. Thank you for providing a space that’s comfortable to express ideas, thoughts and emotions.”
“You guys have a positive environment to learn in.”
“You guys gave me some things I can use for a lifetime to keep myself grounded.”
“I think the real life experience teaching yoga allowed me to be confident teaching it now on my own at my school.”
“The intensive was very informative and very well planned. The information was presented in a non-threatening format that was relatable and easy to understand.”
“I learned so much about yoga, my body, children, and how to teach them. The flow of the training was good and the instructors are very knowledgable and informative. I enjoyed this experience. Thanks for this life gift.”
“One Sunday in May when I was taking a Kundalini yoga class I overheard a discussion between the yoga teacher and other students about an upcoming Grounded kids teacher training. It got my attention when I heard that one section of the training covers Special needs kids & teens. I thought the learning may be helpful to my own nephew who has different abilities. I decided to take the training regardless of not being a school teacher nor a yoga teacher.
What an amazing and life changing journey it has been during the 10 days attending a Grounded Kids Teacher Training Intensive.
The training covered 4 steps of topics such as “ground yourself in children yoga, pre-grounded, special needs and teens, refine your teaching, and celebrate your elevation.” After each lectures we had group discussions and activities relevant to each topics. The training provides a complete reading materials, hand outs with photos of poses with explanations and much more to keep for future references. We were given an opportunity to practice our own teaching yoga to kids both at a studio with kids and their families and at a daycare center which was very helpful.
This training demonstrated how to unite the kids mind and body with yoga movements and fun activities.
I give thanks to the great teachers, Amy Haysman and Sedef Altikulac Dion from Grounded kids for sharing there knowledge and practices.”
Trainers Amy Haysman & Sedef Dion
Registering for this event indicates you have read and agree to the Teacher Training Waiver.